Beauty, performance, value. The most compact bookshelf speaker in the RTi A lineup sounds phenomenal. Its convenient size and solid performance make it a popular choice for both home theatre and music systems. With a 5 1/4-inch Dynamic Balance® midbass driver and a 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeter, it produces the classic Polk sound in a small package.
RTi A1 Features:
- The proprietary curved, 6-layer DAHLI enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances. RTi A1 cabinets are designed for clean, accurate sound.
- Klippel motor optimisation uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The RTi A Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- PowerPort® Plus bass venting is our patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimising sonic interference.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customised high performance audio.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
For more detailed information on the Polk RTi A1 Bookshelf Speakers, click here.
Type: Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome tweeter
Mid / Woofer
Type: Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone and rubber surround
Total Frequency Response: 50Hz-27kHz
Upper -3dB Limit: 26 kHz
Lower -3dB Limit: 60 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Efficiency: 89 dB
Tweeter/midrange Crossover Frequency: 1.9 kHz
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-125 watts per channel
Inputs: Dual 5-way binding posts
Mid-High Array Enclosure Type: PowerPort bass venting and Arc Port
Product Weight (each): 5.4 Kg