Three high performance bi-laminate drivers tuned with our Dynamic Balance technology reveal the length and breadth of your favourite music or movie audio. A superior state-of-the-art silk/polymer dome tweeter keeps highs detailed and clear, with no listening fatigue, even at lifelike volume levels. Combined in a non-resonant enclosure (that looks like a million bucks) with a critically tuned flared bass venting port system, for astonishingly well-blended deep bass effects, and you have the Polk TSx 440T - a floorstanding loudspeaker that pairs audiophile performance, good looks, and reasonable price. A Polk classic!
- TSx Series bi-laminate driver cones, tuned perfectly with our Dynamic Balance® process, produce smooth, natural sound. They are lightweight, but super stiff, with exceptional damping, for high efficiency and low distortion.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk/polymer dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume, and reveal more realistic vocal reproduction.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to a 3-inch critically tuned flared port, which minimises port noise ("chuffing") and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speaker’s overall dynamics.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- The high efficiency design of the TSx Series works well with practically any electronics, even the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver, delivering a performance that’s spacious and clear, natural and realistic.
- Our high performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components (like mylar bypass capacitors, which reveal extended high frequency details); these are usually found only on much more expensive loudspeakers.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customised high performance audio.
- Unique new curved enclosure design in non-resonant MDF creates a rigid, acoustically inert space, with non-parallel curved side panels that effectively reduce audible coloration.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
For more detailed information on the Polk TSx 440T Floorstanding Speakers, click here.
Diameter: 1" (2.54cm)
Type: silk/polymer Dynamic Balance dome
Mid / Woofer
Diameter: 6 1/2" (16.51cm)
Type: Dynamic Balance bi-laminate cones
Total Frequency Response: 33Hz-25kHz
Upper -3dB Limit: 24 kHz
Lower -3dB Limit: 43 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Efficiency: 91 dB
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-200 watts per channel
Inputs: dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
Product Weight (each): 17.8 Kg